If you are a cheese lover and want to find the original and best cheese in the market but you do not have sufficient information about it. Don’t be distracted. Hit this article and enjoy your favorite cheese by getting exhaustive knowledge. If you get the best cheese then you can visit the Cheese by Ile de France, this is a marvelous cheese company and you would love to buy from here. How To Identify The Best Cheese – An Ultimate Guide For Cheese Lovers
So let’s get started!
One of the most popular and informational things about cheese is how to buy the original cheese across the numerous cheeses. Definitely, anyone has goosebumps after looking at the cheese and puzzle to choose the original and best. Every cheese is made of milk, texture, processing, and so forth. This will help you to choose the best cheese. Some important features and characteristics are mentioned below to identify the original cheese.
Kinds of milk
- Sheep’s milk
- Cow’s milk
- Goat’s milk
Processing of original cheese
- Generally, fresh cheese is packed and unripened into crocks or tubes.
- Ripe but unpressed; surface molds have quickly matured in a month and enabled the fruit to naturally drain.
- From 2 to 18 months after pressing, the fruit is ready to eat which is called Gouda.
- For up to four years, the cheese is matured in the press after being heated and shaped.
Consistency or texture of the original cheese
Spoon able such as cottage cheese, cream cheese, ricotta, burrata & mascarpone, and Soft.
Spreadable, not cooked or pressed such as Brie
pushed, solid yet wet, sometimes crumbly such as Chabichou du Poitou, Cashel Blue & Morbier and may be pressed or cannot press
Cooked and pressed till semi-hard, then sliced.
Grated and sliced such as Parmesan, Pecorino, Aged Gouda, Cheddar, Petit Basque & hard-cooked and pressed, extremely firm.
Six basic shapes
- Square shape
- Roll shape
- Sphere shape
- Rectangular shape
- Wheel shape
- Drum shape
Color of the cheese
The colors of the cheese can be different, such as white, yellow, and chocolate brown in different shades. The amount of butterfat and how long the fruit is allowed to mature are also critical factors. The rule of thumb is that the darker the cheese, the higher the butterfat content and the longer it ripens.
The skin of the cheese
- As the cheese dries, it forms what is known as Dry Natural Rinds, which are essentially dried curds.
- White Moldy Rinds – have white mold on the surface that is either thin or thick.
- Some bacteria grow on the surface of the water, wine, or brine that has been washed away by the liquid.
6 tips to buy good cheese
- First, do some research on the product you’re considering purchasing.
- Raw milk cheese should be on your radar.
- Make sure you know where your cheese comes from.
- A long-lasting flavor is what you can expect.
- First, smell the food, then eat it.
- Make sure the flavors are well-balanced.
Good luck to you folks!