If you want to revert your Netgear WIFI router to its default factory settings, use the 30-30-30 reset process as follows: –
Method 1: –
Perform Netgear Routerlogin factory reset via 30-30-30 reset
- Power on your Netgear router.
- Press and hold the embedded reset button on your router for 30 seconds.
- While still holding the reset button pushed, unplug the router from the power source.
- Press and hold the reset button for another 30 seconds.
- Again, press and hold the reset button for another 30 seconds.
- Plug the router into the power source, and turn the power on.
- Your Netgear router will now be set to its default factory configuration.
- After reset, login back to the configuration panel of your router.
- This time, you may use admin as the default login username.
- Use ‘Password’ as the default password of your Netgear WIFI router.
Method 2: –
Perform Netgear Router login net factory reset
- Verify that the power LED light of your Netgear Router is on.
- There will be a reset button on the back of your router. Locate the reset button to restore the router into factory default settings.
- Use a small and thin paper clip or similar object to press the Reset button.
- As you press the reset button, your router will gain its Factory Settings.
- Release the Reset button after ten to fifteen seconds.
- Now your router is set to Factory Settings.
- You can use the default login credentials when you log in to your router again.
> Username is admin
> password is password
How to Resolve Netgear Sluggish Internet Connection Issue
Changing the MTU will be very useful for addressing sluggish network problems in your Netgear Router. Take the following guidelines to do so:
- Go to the routerlogin.net login page. You can utilize the address bar instead of the search bar of the web browser on your computer.
- Now, you need to update the router details to make sure that it is correct and accurate.
- By default, the username and passwords both are admin. This details you would require for the username and password authentication fields on the routerlogin.net login window.
- Now you need to set the maximum transmission unit size as per your requirements. After that, press the “Save” button.
- Next, you should open the CMD option and then enter ping google.com into the console browser.
- Go to the section of “WAN Setup” and then under the “Wireless Settings” menu. Now pick the MTU size for your router.
- Click the “apply” option so that you can copy the paraphrased result to your clipboard.
After reset, change the password on my Netgear Router?
As you know, Netgear uses ADMIN as the default username and PASSWORD as the default password. To modify the default admin password of your NETGEAR router, follow the steps listed below:
- Open an internet browser on your device. It should be associated with your Netgear router’s network through the LAN ports.
- In the search bar of the web browser enter the web URL routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1 in the search bar of your browser.
- As you enter the web URL hit Enter. The login window will appear on the screen of your computer device.
- Type in the default username as well as the password of your Netgear Router. It is admin and password as mentioned above.
- As you enter the default login information, the basic homepage appears on the screen of your configuration device.
- Now, you have to Click the “Advanced” tab and then go to the “Administration” section.
- Now you have to select the option “Set password” and create a new and strong password here.
- First, you have to enter the old password. And then enter the new password and confirm it by entering again.
To recover the password for future assistance you should enable the “Password Recovery” option. And then select the “Apply” tab to apply the settings.