Moving to Canada has multiple benefits, including lucrative job opportunities and excellent education facilities. Canada looks for individuals to contribute constructively to the economy. Amongst the many immigration avenues, skilled work visa Canada is one of the most competitive pathways among candidates.
What is a Federal Skilled Worker Program?
Canada welcomes immigrants to the country through numerous routes. One such entry point is called Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP or FSW). FSW is an express entry route using which candidates can expedite their immigration process and move to the country.
Also, the economic immigrants are generally the largest group of immigrants in Canada. These individuals can move to the country because of their excellent work experience, educational background, job experience, expertise, etc.
So, let’s look at the minimum requirements you need to have:
● Work Experience: You should have a primary job. It must be full-time for a year with a minimum of 30 hours in a workweek. If it is part-time employment, you need to be employed for a more extended period to ensure you meet the requirements. Also, the skill type gets assessed if it is a managerial level position to secure a skilled worker visa in Canada.
● Language Skills: In Canada, it is essential to be proficient in either French or English as both are recognized as official languages. You must take the TEF test or the IELTS test. In addition, the language test will be based on the province you have selected. For instance, candidates have to be proficient in French for the Quebec Skilled Worker Immigration.
● Educational Background: The learning institution and the location where you have studied for your diploma, graduate degree, or master’s play a critical role in applying for migration under express entry programs. If the institution is in Canada, the accreditation of the university and official results are considered. However, if it is outside Canada, then you need to ensure you are able to take an assessment to translate your education against an equivalent Canadian course. This process termed ECA is mandatory to be assessed by a designated assessment center and necessary for your application processing.
Considering the various parameters that we talked about, you need a scoreline of at least 67 out of 100 points to be eligible for entry under the federal skilled worker program.
Criteria for Exploring Immigration Consultants:
When it comes to handling different aspects of immigration while planning for relocation, it is advisable to get in touch with a professional consultancy experienced in this trade.
Since applying for a skilled worker visa in Canada is critical, it is advisable to ensure that you do not leave any stones unturned, as even minimal mistakes can lead to application rejection.
Hence, many candidates partner with immigration consultants to move to Canada. But, you should only partner with experienced consultants. You can assess their services and expertise based on the pointers outlined below:
- Legal Registration and assistance
- Assistance in Entrance Exams for Higher Studies like IELTS
- Post landing services for medical assessments, accommodation, cabs, etc.
- A precise evaluation of all documentation and job background
- A digital platform and round the clock assistance
- Legal help even after your successful immigration or closing any open legal cases pending in your home country
- Provide job assistance for students and contract workers as required
- Should have a multidisciplinary board of experts who can support you for any queries you may have related to banking or culture or other aspects in the host country.
- Have an excellent track record for assisting applicants with acquiring a skilled worker visa in Canada
- Complete transparency in the entire process and keep you informed on the complexities
- Offering other alternatives to candidates that best suit their profile
You can choose the services of consultants experienced in this field after doing due diligence at your end. In addition, you also need to ensure you have access to funds to meet your day-to-day needs, with any job offer that you can show on your application. These guidelines will be your gateway to migrate to the country of your choice.