The bathroom is one of the most frequently accessed rooms on the premises by the inmates, whether it is a commercial or a residential setup. Now, a place that attracts the highest number of visitors should be beaming with cleanliness. But it is not always the case. Cleaning a bathroom is not a desirable task for all. In fact, some people delay the cleaning drive so much so that the bathroom attracts bacteria and germs. Sadly, it becomes the storehouse of infection. Hence, bathroom cleaning should be your priority because it can ensure the health of your family members.
Residential bathrooms are cleaner than commercial ones and the reason is simple. You always like to maintain your things. As per the same logic, you would love to keep your indoors clean and the bathroom is an important area that should not be neglected at all.
I have assembled 5 points to state the importance of bathroom cleaning:
- Cleaning is one of those options that get pushed behind in our to-do list. The gaps between the cleaning of bathrooms can result in a further increase of germs, dirt, and bacteria in the bathroom.
- Imagine you have visitors in your house who want to use your bathroom that is in a messy condition. Will it not become a point of embarrassment for you? Of course, it will. So the perk of keeping the bathroom clean is that you receive compliments from your guests for your maintenance.
- If you have kids in your premises, the bathroom will be exposed to spillages. Hence, it is imperative to keep the front of the bathroom clean. So, clean the area regularly to avoid the build-up of stains.
- A bathroom that has bacteria, germs, and dirt is a potential health hazard for the inmates. Why to invite health issues that may take a serious turn because sometimes people are vulnerable to even slight exposure of bacteria or germs. So, keep you bathroom spic and span to ensure health and longevity within your premises.
- Keeping the bathroom clean on a regular basis will help you save a few bucks because you may not need the support of professional cleaners if your bathroom is eradicated with stains and germs regularly. The role of professional cleaners becomes significant if we allow the gap between cleaning sessions to increase.
So, now you know why cleaning the bathroom is important.
Let’s read how we can keep the bathroom safe because the bathroom is an overlooked area of the premise compromising the safety of the people around.
- Often you will see that people have the habit of reading in the bathroom. So, they keep a stack of newspapers and magazines in the bathroom. But how often is the shelf of reading material cleaned? Of course, not regularly. If you have items like these strewn all over the bathroom, it looks messy. A floor that is not free of clutter can result in a fall, especially if you have children around. So, keep your bathroom safe by keeping the bathroom floor clean.
- Spillage of liquids like shower gels and shampoos can make the area slippery. It can be a nightmare if you trip or lose your balance and fall in the bathroom. So, keep the bathroom liquids properly corked and in a proper place. These may seem like an unimportant piece of advice but if you follow these simple tips, your bathroom will become a safe place for all.
- Rugs and bathmats should be removed and the area beneath the same should be cleaned regularly. Not only does these create an odour in the bathroom but it also becomes a storehouse of molds and bacteria.
- Tub mats stick to the floor but the day the stuff loses its suction, it becomes a dangerous option in the bathroom. So, if you want to save your near and dear ones from falling or slipping in the bathroom, ensure that the tub mats are properly placed.
- Disinfecting the bathroom is an essential task. Use disinfectant sprays in the areas to keep them clean. But allow the surfaces to dry completely because sprays can make the surface slippery.
- The safety bars and grips in the bathrooms should be in the proper place. These are meant for safety but if their placement is disengaged, then the same can pose a threat to the users because often such products have pointed edges that require to be fixed to the wall. If these are not fixed in the proper places, then the pointed ends can be dangerous. So, proper anchoring of the products should be ensured.
Now, you will agree with me that bathroom cleaning is an important task; I would also like to share a few ingredients in your kitchen shelf that can aid your bathroom cleaning procedure and make it a simple one.
- For the basin, tub, and tile cleaner; take 1 ½ cup of baking soda in a spray bottle. Add half cup of liquid soap and 1 cup of water to it. Further, add 2 tablespoons of vinegar in the mixture. Close the nozzle and shake well until all ingredients are mixed inside the bottle. Tada…your cleaner is ready. Just take a cleaning rug with you and spray on the desired surface.
- To remove the mildew, take a bowl and mix half cup borax powder and white vinegar. Stir to make a thick paste. Now, take an old toothbrush and apply the mixture on the affected area. Scrub it. Allow the paste to sit on the surface for an hour and then rinse it.
- For cleaning the drain, put half cup baking soda in the drain and follow it by pouring 1 cup vinegar in the drain. You will notice fizz due to the reaction. Allow the reaction to happen for 15 minutes and top it up with a saucepan of boiling water. Repeat the process if required to unclog the drain and get rid of the odour.
Though these are simple steps, yet the results are lasting. You will be happy to see your bathroom super clean and safe.