It is the dream of every blogger that on Google’s first page his blog post gets a suitable place. But doing this is not so simple because every day around 2 million posts get published. You have to compete with a lot of people so as to get a position among the top 10 positions of the first page. Now I am going to tell you how to get your blog post on the first page of Google.
- Identify where is your topical authority – On the Google Analytics:
· Go to Behavior.
· Click on Site Content.
· Go to All Pages.
With this the blog posts that are most popular will appear in the form of a list. You have to find the highest-ranking pattern in the first column. It is possible that the blog posts that are most popular have the same sub topic. Suppose you are writing blogs over health. There is a possibility that among these blogs, those that are related to exercise are gaining the most popularity. We will call this as topical authority. Here Google offers you a topical authority for exercise. You can take advantage of this information. So, if you want to get a spot on Google’s first page, write more and more blogs over exercise.
2. Create a blog post after doing proper research – Let us continue with the above example. Include the word exercise in the long tail keyword in your blogs.
Perform a research on the main topic
If the search volume per month is high for ‘tips for exercise’ but the competition is low. Now in this case you have to do long tail keyword research.
Search for topics and sub-topics
Type ‘tips for exercise’ on Google and search the blog posts that have the 5 top positions. After proper scanning search for bullet points, subheadings and headings. At this stage, don’t read the complete article as it is not needed here. All the blog posts may be covering some sub-topics. Create a list of all these. Suppose there are:
· 2 sub-topics in the first article
· 3 subtopics in the second article
· 5 subtopics in the third article
· 3 subtopics in the fourth article
· 6 sub-topics in the fifth article
Including 19 sub-topics in your article will be a good idea. If these 5 articles have something common then we will call it an overlap. Because of overlapping among the 5 articles the sub-topics that are separate can be 10 only. The important thing here is that for the posts that target ‘exercise’, topical authority will be calculated by Google. The topical authority will be higher in those posts where there are sub-topics of ‘exercise’ and these are more in number. Now you have to do the research on the blog post’s sub topics which is present in the form of a list.
Now look for sub-topics
Enter the 10 sub-topics one-by-one in Google. Now you need to scan all sub-topics’ those blog posts that occupy the top 3 positions. After that for each subtopic write down some words which can range from 100 to 200.
3. Perform an On-page SEO – After writing the content, it becomes necessary to do an optimization of those factors that are related to on-page SEO. But how will you do this? In a WordPress website you can do this after installing the Yoast SEO Plugin which is free. Just perform all the required operations as recommended by Yoast SEO.
4. Use Google Search Console – You can ask Google for crawling the web page of your post so that it can occupy a good position in the search engine’s first page. The steps for doing this are as follows:
· On the search engine type Google Search Console and log in it.
· Go to Crawl in the navigation present on the left-hand side.
· Go to Fetch as Google.
· Put your blog post’s slug in the panel present at the right side.
· Click Fetch.
· Go to the ‘Request Indexing’ button and then click on it.
· See if ‘Crawl only this URL’ is present in a written form on the box.
· Click on reCAPTCHA button.
If you take interest in getting the services of custom WordPress website development then it will be good for you to contact WordPress development services.